Normal operating hours are from 8 pm to 8 am during winter months.
ONCE YOU SIGN IN AT THE SHELTER, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE SHELTER WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL FROM STAFF
A shelter stay is for adults only (18 years of age and older) and includes a warm bed, an evening meal, breakfast, and community information/referrals. The Manitowoc Warming Shelter does not offer shower or laundry facilities.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs onto the property. No misuse of prescription medications or abuse of inhalants.
- No weapons will be allowed onto the property
- No aggressive or threatening language or behavior
- No talking about or participating in conversations or activities of a sexual nature.
- No physical contact of any type with staff, volunteers, or other guests.
- No smoking on church property after 10:00pm. Smoking will take place in designated areas during allowed times. This includes e-cigarettes and chewing tobacco.
- Cell phone use is permitted until 10 PM, after 10 PM cell phones may be used for music only if guests have headphones available.
- Please show respect and courtesy to the staff, volunteers, and all guests.
- Treat others with dignity, respect the right to confidentiality, and be polite.
- Personal areas should be kept clean and tidy. Guests should clean up after eating meals and using the restroom. Personal belonging should be stored in the designated bins.
- Cots cannot be shared. Only one person can occupy a cot at any given time.
- Bathroom use is limited to one person at a time. Bathroom use is limited to 10 minutes.
- Personal hygiene should be maintained. Please contact a volunteer if you need personal care items, clothing, etc.
- The Showers are available through the YMCA, guests must have a pass
- When leaving the Shelter, please make sure your cot has been folded, the linens put in the marked bins and your area is clean.
- No items may be left during non-shelter hours, there is no access during the day.
Basic rules are in place for the health and safety of our guests and staff. Rule violations may result in the need for a “Conditions of Stay” agreement or the dismissal from shelter services. Dismissal could be for several days or the remainder of the season.
Click here to view/print the Manitowoc Warming Shelter Guidelines Form